Monday, May 24, 2010

1st day of training

Hello to all,

This has been a very busy but exciting day! Today, all of us interns recruited by SEO (Sponsors for Educational Opportunities) gathered at Baruch College at Lexington Av. to begin our training. We were visited by several Managing Directors, Vice Presidents and SEO alums, who gave us great advice as to what to expect this summer, how to prepare and how to land an offer by the end of this 10-week internship.
In addition to this, I received a call from my JP Morgan Supervisor, who let me know that I have been assigned in JP Morgan's U.S. Equity Derivatives Control Group, which in plain English means that I, alongside other group members, will be evaluating the financial consequences of the creation and selling of certain investment products (swaps, bonds, notes, stocks, exotic derivatives, etc.) to our corporate clients.
I will continue with EXCEL training tomorrow and I'm looking forward to my 1st day at JP Morgan on June 2nd.

This is all for today!

Best,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment