Monday, June 21, 2010

Things are looking bright

Hope you all didn't miss me so much, but as expected, work is getting busier and busier every day.
I started off working on a few reports a day and I am now working on about 12 daily reports. Some of them are for internal use and others go to upper management. JPMorgan is an amazing company and operates as a meritocracy. It also furthers diversity and communication amongst teams and employees across all lines of business.
In addition to work, I have been able to meet several people in the industry from across different companies, and I am receiving invitations to different seminars and networking events. So it is safe to say that things are going really well on the professional side of things.

On the fun side, I can't complain! The city has so much to offer and provides for so many opportunities. For example, a week ago I stood in line to receive a "Key to the City," which gives me access to several places that are closed to the public and across all five boroughs. I haven't been able to take advantage of it yet, but I plan on doing so. Furthermore, I went to central park this past sunday, and had a great workout (and lots of fun) with the rowboats at the lake. Finally, I watched "Toy Story 3" in 3-D! It was my first time watching a 3-D movie and it was amazing.

Well, I know this is a bit short, but I better get going. Please let me know if you would like me to touch on a subject or if you have any questions about my stay in New York.

Will write to you soon!

Alex

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex, this is Marco and I met you in New York a month ago I don't know if you remember me but I was the youngest or the "freshman". New York was an amazing city I would like to get an internship like you. Recently I was looking at the SEO website that you wrote in one of your blog post. As matter of a fact I already applied. My question is; if you could please give me some advice to increase my chances of being accepted. Thank You.

    Sincerely,

    Marco Favela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marco. Of course, I will definitely help you out. Just shoot me an e-mail at jamunoz3@miners.utep.edu so I can have yours and we can have a conversation.

    ReplyDelete